Do you want to see the world’s biggest stars during your trip to New York? Then head to the Madame Tussauds of New York City – it’s one of the largest wax museums in the world! It is also one of the most popular in the city. Actors, singers, sportsmen, fictional characters, politicians... you will get to discover life-size reproductions of the most famous people in the United States and even the world.
Of course, the Madame Tussauds of London is the biggest (and, dare I say, the best) out of all the Madame Tussauds in the world, but the one in New York City is still worth visiting! 😉
So if you're wondering what to do in New York and dreaming of posing alongside celebrities from all over the world, I recommend visiting the Madame Tussauds in New York 😄
What can be seen at Madame Tussauds?
Madame Tussauds is one of New York's most visited museums for a reason. On this family-friendly tour, you will see a total of more than 200 fictional and real people recreated in wax. These include Cristiano Ronaldo, Queen Elizabeth II of England, Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, Brad Pitt, Marilyn Monroe, Bruce Willis, Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp and many more.
The museum is spread over several floors with a total area of 7,900 m². It is divided into different themed areas, each offering unique experiences:
- Glow Gala recreates the atmosphere of a rooftop where the biggest stars of the moment such as Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Angelina Jolie, Kim Kardashian, etc. are all awaiting you.
- The World of Cinema, where the sets of some of the greatest films have been recreated, and where the stars of the 7th art are of course present.
- Stars of Broadway, with its giant piano on the floor, is where you will discover the magic of the greatest musicals and the wax representations of great names such as Frank Sinatra.
- The Marvel Hall of Heroes, where you can meet Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and many other superheroes. As an option, you can also choose to watch a 4D projection.
- The Oval Office, where you can pose with President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris. You can also see many other US political figures, such as the Obama couple.
- Join the Ghostbusters, an area inspired by the 2016 film and featuring immersive 4D experiences that will take you into the New York underground system and a haunted house.
- Warner Bros Icons of Horror, an area that will bring you back to the worlds of Warner Studios' most terrifying films, from The Exorcist to The Conjuring.
- The Studio Tonight Show, where you can sit in with Jimmy Fallon as a guest.
- King Kong face-off: in the recreated setting of Skull Island, you'll go on a tropical adventure where you'll face terrifying creatures and meet King Kong, New York's largest breathing, roaring animatronic.
- Carnaval Carnage 7D, an optional activity that requires a special ticket. Trapped in a nightmare, you'll battle an evil clown in an immersive multi-sensory experience that combines roller coasters and laser tag.
Ticket prices for Madame Tussauds in New York City
- Classic ticket with Marvel 4D experience costs approximately £40 per person,
- Tickets with Marvel 4D experience and Carnival Carnage 7D costs approximately £46 per person.
The queues at the entrance to Madame Tussauds are often very large. To avoid wasting time and to start your visit more quickly, I therefore really recommend booking your ticket online before you even leave for New York.
Have you considered a tourist pass? 🎫
If you're planning to visit the city's highlights during your stay in New York, I can only recommend a New York pass – it will save you both time and money. If you are planning to visit Madame Tussauds, for example, the pass that will suit you best is the New York Pass by GoCity. It will give you access to over 100 activities/attractions in New York and you can also choose the pass’ duration (between 1 and 10 days). Enough time to do all the activities you dream of! 😄
Madame Tussauds opening hours
Madame Tussauds is open every day of the week from 10am to 8pm. Sometimes the museum also closes at 10pm. To better organise your visit, you can check the opening hours directly on the official website.
You should stay at least one hour to get the most out of your visit 😊
How to get to Madame Tussauds?
One could almost say that this museum is located in the middle of the world. Madame Tussauds can indeed be found in Times Square – in the heart of Manhattan. You can get there very easily by underground or bus.
By underground, by getting off at one of the following stations:
- 42nd Street–Times Square station with the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, W and S lines,
- 42nd Street–8th Avenue Station with the A, C and E lines,
- 2nd Street–6th Avenue Station with the B, D, F and V lines.
By bus, you can take the M6, M7, M10, M20, M27, M42 and M104.
The exact address is:
234 West 42nd Street (between 7th and 8th Avenue)
That's all for this article on the visit of Madame Tussauds in New York, I hope you enjoyed it! And to prepare your trip even better – if you are still pondering where to sleep in New York or when to go to New York, don't hesitate to read my articles on the subject! They should help you organise your stay 😁